There are many ways to cook lemongrass chicken in an Instant Pot. But if you are looking for some juicy delicious chicken for dinner, this Instant Pot lemongrass chicken recipe will do the job perfectly. You can obviously add your own flavor and cook the chicken a bit longer to make it tender.
How to Cook Lemongrass Chicken in an Instant Pot
- 1 bunch lemongrass, bottom removed and trimmed
- 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
In a food processor, mix the lemongrass with the ginger, garlic, aminos, fish sauce, and five-spice powder, and pulse well.
Add the coconut milk and pulse again. Set the Instant Pot on Saute mode, add the butter and melt it.
Add the onion, stir, and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, salt, and pepper, stir, and cook for 1 minute.
Add the coconut milk and lemongrass mix, stir, cover, set on Poultry mode, and cook for 15 minutes.
Release the pressure, uncover, add more salt and pepper and lime juice, stir, divide among plates, and serve with cilantro sprinkled on top.